During the sweltering months, the most important fashion task is to look stunning and glowing. This is indeed a challenge and not an easy feat.
Fashion Collection shares few simple and trouble-free ideas to get you going for a fresh face, that sun-kissed glow, and an effortless, beautiful look.
Don’t skip straight to skincare – your hair plays a huge part in your beauty routine. It is very important to get a bouncy shine in your hair this summer. (not to mention keeping your hair healthy between dips in the chlorine pool water or the harsh saltwater ocean) when we all decide to swim during the hot days. Keep it simple by pampering your hair to an amazing home-made ritual.
- Rub enough mayonnaiseinto your hair to coat it, wait up to an hour, and wash it out. You’ll be amazed at how soft and shiny your hair is, thanks to this great protein source.
- Substitute condensed milkfor your regular conditioner. The protein provides an extra-special shine.
- Mix 2 ounces olive oil and 2 ounces aloe vera gelwith 6 drops each of rosemary and sandalwood essential oils. Olive oil is an emollient, aloe hydrates, and rosemary adds body and softness.
- Comb conditioner through your hair before you hit the pool to protect it from harsh chemicals. When you’re done swimming, rinse with 1/4 cup apple cider mixed with 3/4 cup water to help cleanse hair.
In one word – hydrate!! It’s so important to drink lots of water during the summer and when you are out in the sun, but hydration doesn’t end there. Keep your skin moisturized during the summer as well – not only will it help plump, firm, and correct fine lines, it can also help your skin to glow. These are few ways to do it.
- Lemon is known for its natural bleaching agents that natural glow, all you need to do is add 2 make the skin lighter and if you want that mix one table spoons of rose water to 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Store this mixture in a bottle and refrigerate it and spray it on your face from time to time for a natural dewy look.
- Potato juice is known for its scar and skin lightening qualities and regular application of the juice can give you an enviable glowing skin. Grate half a potato and squeeze its juice with a muslin cloth. Now apply this juice to your face and leave it to dry. Once dry, wash your face off with normal water.
- An excellent antibacterial agent, honey prevents the occurrence of zits and pimples in the purest form, hence ensuring a spotless complexion in the long run. However, what makes honey a winner on our list of tips for glowing skin is the fact that its rich in bleaching properties which helps fade scars and pigmentation.
- Sugar is an excellent skin softener. For best results, mix the grains with either curd or fresh cream to bring back life to the driest of all skins. Take one teaspoon of shakkar and mix with one teaspoon of malai and gently massage onto the skin. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash with cold water. Sugar scrubs have long been used for their abrasive nature that helps exfoliate the skin and help it to glow.