Got a dip craving? Or making a party appetizer and not sure where to start? Here are the very best dips for chips: whether you’re starting with the standard potato or the crispy tortilla chip! These dip recipes are super easy and give a healthy option to enjoy your chips.
Salsa simply means “sauce” in Spanish, and refers to a wide variety of sauces that can be made with or without tomatoes. The most popular one is one made with red tomatoes. The best salsa recipe we’ve shared below is a basic salsa using fresh tomatoes. It’s also a mild salsa where you can customize the heat level.
Let’s get a Dip!
The ingredients in a salsa recipe are basic, but each of the players contributes to the harmony of the flavors. Use all these exactly as listed and you’ll have a killer recipe that will have friends begging for more.
- Ripe, juicy tomatoes:use only the very best, ripe and juicy tomatoes! The flavor is 100% dependent on the tomato quality.
- White onion:most traditional in a fresh salsa
- Jalapeño peppers: customize the amount depending on your spice tolerance
- Cumin: a hint of cumin adds just the right complexity
- Lime juice
- Salt to taste
How to make salsa
You’ve seen it in jars and containers at the store, but why not try to make your own salsa recipe at home? While many fresh salsa recipes require chopping by hand, we used our food processor to make it easy and to get a uniform texture.
- Toss an onion, garlic clove, jalapeño pepper and a handful of coriander into a food processor and process until chopped.
- Add chunks of ripe tomato, cumin, lime juice, and salt. Pulse until a uniform chunky texture forms.
- Strain the salsa to remove extra liquid (it will reduce quite a bit). Pour into a serving bowl and add the final lime juice and salt.
Ways to serve this salsa!
You probably have lots of ideas on how to serve this salsa recipe. But might we suggest a few of our own? Here are the top ways we eat it, ranging from obvious to more unique:
Chips, Tacos, Fish (baked or fried), Nachos, Boiled eggs and even plain roti.
For that extra kick, add a bowl of hummus to the table to serve your guests.
Enjoy the Salsa!