Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of Mushroom soup is one of the classics that makes winters more enjoyable. It is easy to make and has a delicious taste.
- 5 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme, basil, and oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Simmer mushrooms, broth, onion, and dried herbs for 15 minutes.
- Blend half of this hot mixture a little bit leaving some chucks behind.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour, salt and pepper and whisk in the mushroom mixture.
- Bring soup to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Serve hot.
This soup cannot be missed in winter. Enjoy!
- 25g/1oz butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, cut into cubes
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into small cubes.
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 2 tablespoon basmati rice
- 2 tablespoon fresh crème
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter with the oil in a large saucepan and stir in the onion, garlic, and carrots. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add apple pieces and curry powder. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the stock cube and 3 cups boiling water.
- Add tomato purée and rice and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh crème.